Thursday, October 29, 2009

I was like them before

Have you ever wonder what it would look like if you see yourself before when you were still a kid. What do you usually do or say that time? Looking back to your past kid life? ^__^ hmmm anyway I got a chance to recall my childhood life when a friend of mine invited me to help out with our kids church last Sunday and it was totally awesome and the story goes like this.



Last Sunday my friend Tey reminded me through her text “Kuya Mark, Kids tyo later ha… pwede daw Kuya Bryan later sa Big Church” so for me it was weepee it would be my first time to help out the tech team in kids church so why not come on lets do this. Getting excited I finished laundry in a breeze so I could go to GH as early as possible. Once I got there I saw Tey and start asking her what to do. Nervous and excited I want to do as much as I wanted but she already did most of it (Go Tey you’re the best) then came 3pm it was fun, Teachers Don and Candice and ate Pichie lead the P&W (Kuya Don and Candice has a good feet I must say) and for me I’m in at the back with Kuya Jun. the kids where so amazing, they are so jolly and so attentive singing and listening to the teachers. I remember Noah and the one who is beside him, they all so want to talk over the microphone every time Teacher Bing ask them questions for every answered question has KC bucks (it’s a price money for them to collect and redeem it every once in a month). Then came 5pm and it’s all the same. I also remember talking to Kayla and a young girl who helped me out at the tech booth (oh I forgot her name I remember her name started with M hehehe) anyway, we just had small conversation, Kayla eating her second lollipop by that time, talked about G-FORCE, THIS IS IT, MJ, whoa this guys are unstoppable grabe.

After the last service I just realized it was not long ago that I was like them. Running around the room, I think I was talkative that time as well ^__^, eager to answer the questions of the Teacher, having sweets or whatever food they give us (oh I miss my kid life hehehe) and it just hit me when I remember one line Jesus told His disciple about the children,

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Mark 10:14-15

No wonder Paul told us in Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

For when a child was given a gift he doesn’t brag about it but share it. For when he is given something precious he keeps it like its will always be there forever. We ought to be child in receiving God’s perfect gift which is salvation. For like a child they don’t work to gain their parents favor for they are already favored by they mom and dad. And for us we don’t need to work our salvation, God already give it to us through His beloved Son Jesus, who already did the work for us to be saved by giving up His life for our sins. The only question remains is how will you accept it?

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. Romans 10:9-10

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayos. I like this! =) nice post kuya mark!

October 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah nxt time ikw na gagawa lhat..... xempre first time moh.. i wanted u to enjoy muna..... nxt time ikw na .... chilax lang ako ahhahaha GO...........BABS .... I KNOW U CAN DO IT :D

October 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger EZ said...

tey - princesscambodia cute hehehe... yeah and you have to teach me how... go sensei tey ^__^

mona - hehehe thanx shobe kids ka na din kung d ka pa nagtry team 4 ha team 4 wooo go team 4 :D

October 29, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home